1. Character One: A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick. -- Yes, this first quote is from Breakfast at Tiffany's  with Audrey Hepburn & George Peppard. -- Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., Anonymous, Mary, and Miss Virginia guessed correctly.
2. Character One: A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven. -- Sabrina  -- Sarah, Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L, rebekah k, Paige, Anonymous, Mary, Miss Virginia, and Abi Ant.
3. Character One: You're blocking my view.
Character Two: Ohh... which view would you prefer?
Character One: The one you're blocking. -- Charade  with Audrey Hepburn & Cary Grant -- Natasha Marie L., Anonymous, and Miss Virginia.
4. Character One: Well, it was pitch dark and there he was. Tall, blue eyes, slim, quite good-looking... in a brutal, mean way, Papa. A terrible man! -- How to Steal a Million  with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole -- Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., Raquel Z. Duarte, rebekah k., Paige, and Miss Virginia.
5. Character One: You don't understand: this is *my* car!
Character Two: You mean *this* is your car? *Your* golf ball? *Your* car? Is there anything in the world that doesn't belong to you?
Character One: Yes, thank heaven, YOU! -- Bringing Up Baby  with Cary Grant & Katherine Hepburn -- Natasha Marie L. and Anonymous.
The Diary of Anne Frank  -- Raquel Z. Duarte, Paige, and Mary.
7. Character One: Look I probably should have told you this before but you see... well... insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops. -- Arsenic and Old Lace  with Cary Grant & -- Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., Sarah Vincent, rebekah k., Anonymous, Mary, Miss Virginia, and Anonymous 2.
8. Character One: What is thee wish?
Character Two: I'm looking for some local b - what'd you say?
Character One: What is thee wish?
Character Two: Um, local biography or history.
Character One: If thee will consult with my colleague in there.
Character Two: Mm-hm. Dost thou have a washroom?
Character Two: Thank thee. -- The Philadelphia Story  with Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, and Katherine Hepburn.
9. Character One: [after being awakened] How come every time you wake me up I have a date with Ann Sheridan? -- Desperate Journey  with Errol Flynn, Ronald Reagan...
10. Character One: She begged me, true?Character Two: True, true!
Character One: She pleaded.
Character Two: Got down on her bended knees. -- Anchors Aweigh  with Gene Kelly, Kathryn Grayson, and Frank Sinatra -- Mary
11. Character One: [after declining a bet that he cannot say what color his tie is] Polka dots. In the whole world, only Nathan Detroit could blow a thousand bucks on polka dots. -- Guys & Dolls  with Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando -- Natasha Marie L. and Anonymous
It Should Happen to You  with Judy Holiday, Peter Lawford, and Jack Lemmon -- Paige
15. Character One: At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. Character Two: And that will be the end of the fairy tale. -- Roman Holiday  -- Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., Paige, and Miss Virginia.
I Confess  with Anne Baxter and Montgomery Cliff -- Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., rebekah k., Paige, and Mary.
18. Character 1: Tell me, Honey, how come you're so cute?
Character 2: I had to be if I was going to get such a good-looking fella. -- Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo  -- Susanna R. Criss and Chambray and Pearls.
Singing in the Rain  -- Sarah, Chambray and Pearls, Natasha Marie L., rebekah k., Paige, Anonymous, Mary, Miss Virginia, Betty, Anonymous 2
Character 2: No.
Character 1: Have you ever been in love?
Character 2: Yes I have. Tell me what kind of paper does this school run?
Character 1: Oh, all the students read it.
Character 2: I'll bet they do. -- The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer  with Cary Grant, Shirley Temple, and Myrna Loy. -- Megan, Anonymous, Miss Virginia.
Laura  -- Natasha Marie L., Paige, Anonymous, Mary, Miss Virginia, Anonymous 2
22. Character 1: It's gone!
Character 2: What?
Character 1: There's a body missing. It's the one body I don't wanna have missing. -- Come September  with Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Bobby Darin, and Sandra Dee.
23. Character 1: It's a conspiracy, I tell you. The minute you start they put you on the all American sucker list. You start out to build a home and wind up in the poorhouse. And if it can happen to me, what about the guys who aren't making $15,000 a year? The ones who want a home of their own. It's a conspiracy, I tell you -- against every boy and girl who were ever in love. -- Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House  with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy. -- Natasha Marie L., rebekah k., Paige, Anonymous, Mary, Anonymous 2
24. Character 1: One day the war will be over. And I hope that the people that use this bridge in years to come will remember how it was built and who built it. Not a gang of slaves, but soldiers, British soldiers, Clipton, even in captivity. -- The Bridge on the River Kwai  with William Holden, Alec Guinness, and Jack Hawkins. -- Natasha Marie L., Nettie, Anonymous, Mary, Anonymous 2
25. Character 1: You didn't let me finish. I was going to say 'turn right here left'.
Character 2: Turn right here left? Have you any conception how much room it takes to turn this thing around? We may have to go on for miles. -- The Long, Long Trailer  -- Heather Lampersberger and Natasha Marie L.
I hope y'all enjoyed doing this movie quote quiz, and perhaps y'all found some new movies to watch.
Thanks for the answers. I have watched Charade, Desperate Journey, and Roman Holiday, even though I obviously didn't recognize them. The quote from Desperate Journey, do you know if it was Ronald Reagan's character that said that? When I read the quote, some reason I was reminded of him, and thought it something he would have said.ReplyDelete
Yep, Ronald Reagan's character said that quote in Desperate Journey -- since he was paired up with Ann Sheridan several times in his films.Delete
Oh, these quizzes are so much fun and I sadly didn't get to join in! Boo hoo. ;) So, you like Breakfast at Tiffany's?? I've never seen it before! LOVE How to Steal a Million and Come September! (Of course!) I want to see The Philadelphia Story soon.ReplyDelete
Love you so much!! xoxoxoxo