When I first started blogging I wasn't that into fashion, and BF was more focused on me sharing my sewing projects. Eventually at the encouraging of one of my friends, Rebecca, Gaby & I started sharing our outfits with y'all! Eventually this blog space evolved over the years into more of a fashion/beauty and sometimes lifestyle blog.
|Week In Feminine Dress - Day 5|
- Met my best friend through the blogging world at a conference [Achaia from Marie-Madeline Studio].
|What I'm Wearing Today - Ashley Nicole|
- Graduated from High-School in May of that year.
- Created my first DIY post for BF on how to turn your jeans into a skirt.
- We attended the Reformation 500 in Boston, MA that July. [Of course, I made costumes for the occasion]
|What I'm Wearing - Ashley Nicole|
- Hosted my first blog event.
|What I'm Wearing - Memorial Day Inspired|
- Visited Charleston, SC for the first time!
- Interviewed by Sullivan Entertainment for my AOGG Fashion Event!
|What I'm Wearing - 1950s/60s College Girl Inspired [Wool Plaid Skirt]|
- Shared my first YouTube video: How I Draped My "Young Victoria" Bodice
|What I Wore | Graphic Tee + Blazer + Oxford Heels|
- One wintery weekend I had a very vintage themed creative three days.
|What I Wore | Plaid + Jean + Red Nails = ♥|
- I sewed a lot of 1950s clothing this year.
- Hosted Feelin' Feminine's Spring Challenge.
|What I Wore | 1950s Poodle Skirt|
- We had the Royal Wedding in April of 2011. Of course, I shared my thoughts on Kate's dress. My other blog: A Girls Guide to Home Life went viral that day, because of a post I had wrote on Grace Kelly's wedding dress in 2009. #saywhat I also received a bunch of new readers that day!
- Did my first 30 for 30 Remix!
- Had my 21st Birthday [I also did a HUGE giveaway of 21 prizes from various shops, websites, and designers for my birthday celebration].
- Joined Casey's Cherished Collections Blog Tour.
|What I Wore | Vintage With a Country Twist|
- Went to the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Academy & Film Festival.
- Hosted the Going Through the Era's Blog Event [it went from the 1930s-1970s].
|What I Wore | Pencil Skirt + Lace Blouse + Blazer|
- Started watching Downton Abbey and created a post on capturing the style for today.
- Refashioned my first sewing project ever featured on BF into my most favorite skirt!
- Did a product review for eShakti.
- I started watching Doctor Who in the winter of 2012. The signs popped up from time to time in my outfit posts.
- I co-hosted the: One Skirt | Three Days | Three Bloggers event with Olivia of Fresh Modesty [we are blogging friends BEFORE either of us started our blogs, we go wayyyy back] & Natasha of Natasha Atkerson: A Modest Fashion Blog.
- Did the 15 for 15 remix in June.
|15 for 15 Remix | Day 1|
- Received my first GlossyBox when it landed in the United States.
- Joined Instagram.
- Shared my 22nd birthday party & outfit with y'all.
- I started wearing simple makeup & tinted lip balms and lip glosses.
- I recreated my own versions of DW themed outfit. post one. post two. [BBC America would later comment on my pins for these outfits, and share them on their DW board.]
|What I Wore | Fly Me to the Moon|
- Joined Ipsy.
- Did a styled review for: Better Dresses Vintage.
|What I Wore | A Foxtrot Above My Head|
- Did my first makeup tutorial: Achieving Peggy Carter's look from Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Reviewed one of Hannah Everly skirts.
- I did my first beauty review type post filled with my favorite products.
- Hosted the Inspired by Film Fashion Event.
- Completed the Sew for Victory! 1940s Sewing Challenge. inspiration post. finished product post.
- Did the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge again.
- Created a video tutorial on how to make a 1940s inspired skirt.
|What I Wore | On the Preppy Side of Life|
- Sewed my popular 1950s red gingham sundress.
- The Boyer Family Singers guest posted on BF.
|What I Wore | 90s Floral Dress + Swell Caroline Review|
- My 23rd birthday party + outfit post.
- Us three sisters did a "We Wore" outfit post when the Long girls came to visit.
- Worked with more brands the Summer-Winter of 2013.
|What I Wore | Comfy Knits for the Office|
|What I Wore | Peplum Top & Pencil Skirt|
- I hosted my Avonlea Fashion Week with Sullivan Entertainment.
- I struggled with the stress of keeping up with the "idea" that people had of my blogging & beliefs this year [and this carried into 2014 too]. [some of that came because I promised a series of posts, then I came down some serious health issues. Like I was in the hospital serious.]
|What I Wore | Modern Ballerina|
- I dabbled more with the BoHo look.
- I started babysitting on Tuesdays & some weekends.
|What I Wore | A Pinterest Inspired Outfit|
- I did a year in review of my favorite outfits of 2013.
- Me & Gaby both worked with Alice Hannah our first company based in the UK.
|What I Wore | Parisian Chic|
- Me & Charlotte of the Boyer Sisters discovered that we had similar vintage kilts. We both did outfits posts to document this great moment.
- Series three of Sherlock BBC aired, to document this great moment in television history I did an outfit video inspired by Sherlock Holmes.
|What I Wore | Sherlock Tee + Floral Skirt|
- Created a DIY tutorial on how to make your own graphic tees.
- Shared my room + closet tour.
|What I Wore | Coral + Navy for Spring|
- Create a thredUP haul & review video.
- Co-hosted the 1 Button Down | 3 Days | 3 Ways blog event with: Fresh Modesty, Creations by Callie, and the Boyer Family Singers.
|What I Wore | Let's Twist Again, Like We Did Last Summer|
- I shared what my favorite hair products were.
- I did a live-in nanny job for eleven days while the parents were in Europe.
|What I Wore | Lily Collins Inspired Outfit for Work|
- Hosted the 1 Maxi Skirt | 3 Days | 3 Ways blog event.
- Did a product review for Lime Ricki.
- Shared my 24th birthday adventures with y'all.
|What I Wore | Stripes + Herringbone|
- Created a Parisian Chic Lookbook for OASAP
- Went to my first meet-up, it was for the Delight group.
- Gaby shares her skincare picks.
|Ulta Chic | 1940s-sh Inspired [Makeup Wise]|
- I cleaned out & reorganized my lip product drawer.
- Created a new series: How to Dress...my first post featured the 1960s.
- Gave out my tips on how to build a wardrobe.
- Shared my top 12 favorite fiction books.
- Worked with my first beauty brand: Borghese.
|Sunday Style | 1930s Inspired|
|What I Wore | Pastels for Winter|
- Wore a very Audrey Hepburn inspired outfit.
- Created an Agent Carter themed makeup tutorial based on what Peggy Carter wears in the ABC television show.
|What I Wore | BoHo Parisian|
- Discovered a love for nude colored lipsticks.
- I shared my favorites for skincare.
- Gaby & I created a baking video for Valentines Day.
|Styling Heeled Booties Two Ways | #MYDUO|
- Shared my favorite everyday makeup products for the Spring.
- Did my first vlogs.
- Shared the ways I've cosplayed the Marvel fandom.
|Cinderella Spring Style | Fashion LookBook|
- Did several collabs with blogging friends: Southern Belle in Training, Someone Like You, and That Katie Girl.
- Lisa Eldridge liked & shared the post I wrote on how she inspired me!
- Started working with many more beauty brands like: Butter London, Cover Girl, NKD SKN, Pacifica Beauty....
|#1outfit3ways | Day 2|
- Created a list of my money saving tips for shopping at Ulta Beauty.
- Hosted the #1outfit3ways blog event.
|What I Wore | Casual Everyday|
- Met Katie from That Katie Girl when I visited Chicago this summer.
- I learned how to finally spell Chicago this summer. Yeah, spelling is not my strongest subject. Neither is grammar or math.
- Went on first trip road trip with friends to Chicago & the Indiana Dunes.
|What I Wore | Stripes + Boyfriend Shorts + Wood Watch|
- Was asked to be a bridesmaid by a good friend. Of course, I said yes!!! This is going to be my first time being a bridesmaid. I've only ever been a flower girl, and that was back in 1999. To say the least, I'm excited to be in the bridal party especially since the last couple years I've been working behind the scenes for most weddings that I've attended.
Story Time! Share in the comments any of the following: how you discovered BF, how we became friends, favorite BF memory/post, etc.... I can't wait to read y'alls comments!
It's so cool and inspiring to see how far you've come! I started reading your blog several years ago but stopped because I just wasn't on blogger or reading blogs that much. I started reading again about a year ago and I love it now more than ever! You're a great writer with awesome fashion sense. Keep up the good work, lovely! Happy 6th blog birthday!ReplyDelete
Aww...thanks so much, Ashley!Delete
Woohoo for six years! :D Congrats girl! Ok, so how I found out about you and your blog: looking over my sister Brigid's shoulder one day as she was reading one of your blog posts back in 2010 or 11 I believe... yeah your blog and we girls go way back ;)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Charlotte! You girls really do go far back! I kept seeing y'alls names pop up in the comments when I browsing through my old posts to create this post. :)Delete
This post was FABULOUS Ashley!!! I loved seeing the progression of your blog over the years. I have actually been planning on doing a post similar to this when my blog has its 1st Birthday this fall!!ReplyDelete
I must say that I was soooo inspired simply by reading through your post about all that you have accomplished and been able to participate in because of your blog. The blogging world is quite exciting:) I just had to comment and say how exciting that you have traveled to the London, it is my goal to go to the UK when I graduate from college (fingers crossed I can go). Also, so awesome that you have attended Costume College! I just discovered them this year and boy does that look exciting....maybe one of these days I will be able to go.
I could say so much more, but I will close with Congratulation on Bramblewood Fashions 6th Birthday!!!!
Thank you so much, Madison for your kind words!Delete
The UK is awesome, someday I want to go back and visit again [or even live there for a bit]. Costume College is *so* much fun! I was able to attended two or three times [can't remember] with Gaby and we learned so much!
How fun to see how your sense of style has changed and adjusted over the years! Happy Birthday to your blog :)ReplyDelete
Thank you, Margaret!Delete
I don't know how I found your blog but I'm so grateful that I did. I love to see how your style has changed over the years. Keep up the good work, I adore your blog!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Emily! I hope to keep blogging for as long as I can.Delete
Oh my goodness Ashley! It is amazing to see how your blog has changed and developed over the years. You just keep getting better and better! I think I discovered your blog either in 2010 or 2011, and I cannot for the life of me remember how I found it. It may have been through Casey's old blog, Elegant Musings, but I am not sure. :)ReplyDelete
the Middle Sister and Singer
Thanks, Brigid! You could have very well discovered me though Casey's old blog, as I was on her favorite blogs list and mentioned on her blog several times.Delete
This is really great so happy, i have been watching your blog since late 2012 and then recently started my own and now following you.ReplyDelete
It's great seeing how your style has developed, Mine has two really in the past 2 years so now i finally have a wardrobe for all types of weather and occasions and it now fits who i am and my issues with clothing.
That Doctor Who party was so much fun!! I've enjoyed your blog so much, Ashley. I can't even remember how I found it or when I first reading it, but you've been inspiring me for many years. :)ReplyDelete
I've been following your blog since around 2013, I think. I just fell in love with your classic style, being a fangirl myself I love your Sherlock and Marvel themed posts. You definitely give me a lot of fashion inspiration. Congratulations on 6 years!!!ReplyDelete