|My everyday look
This also marks my first makeup post that doesn't involve a video tutorial too, so we will see how this goes.
Now, personally I use a mix drugstore, high-end, and independent products in my looks -- as long as the product works for me I don't care what the price was. Well, of course, most of the higher-end products were either bought on sale [or with discounts], sent to me from PR's, or I received in subscription boxes.
The best base to any makeup look is flawless skin, or at least clean skin. So prep your skin with your favorite cleanser and moisturizer -- and, if you need it, acne spot treatments, etc....
- No 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream [Normal/Oily] -- After I've washed my face and applied any acne treatments I will apply this day cream all over my face.
- Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser -- This is my first step, washing my face.
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment -- Second step [if needed] after washing face.
- eos Lip Balm [Sweet Mint] -- Perfect for priming those lips for your lip color.
- dr. brandt Anti-aging Mattifying Lotion -- I've come to like applying this to my super oily parts of my face a.k.a my T-zone.
- LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer -- I've been having crazy skin lately: super oily in my T-zone, dry patches on my cheeks, and the rest of my skin is more normal. So I like to apply this face primer to my oily area.
After our skin is all primed and prepped, it is time to apply our base products like: foundation, concealer, powder, etc...
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Fond de Teint Gel [51 Light Vanilla] --I've found that foundation works on all of my different skin types right now, since it is a gel base it glides over my dry patches and doesn't show off my oily T-zone either. I apply four small drops on my high-points [forehead & both cheeks] and chin before using my beauty blender to blend it all over my face [including my eyelids as a primer].
- NYX HD Concealer [CW 03 Light] -- Hands down my current favorite under-eye concealer. I apply this after my foundation just to my under-eye area.
- Beauty Blender -- The only way I will apply foundation and under-eye concealer to my face.
- Coty AirSpun Loose Face Powder [Translucent] -- I don't always set my under-eye concealer, but when I do I have recently found myself using my Coty loose powder as I find it really helps brighten the area.
- e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush -- To apply the Coty loose powder to my under-eye this is the brush I always use -- it is the perfect size for my under-eye area.
- BECCA Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle [Watermelon/Moonstone] -- For a healthy glow that hardly looks like I'm wearing blush, this has become my go-to as it features the right amount of color and shimmer.
- e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush -- To apply the BECCA Souffle to my cheeks, I use this brush to give a diffused glow that looks natural.
After my base has been applied, I like to work on my eyes next which includes: eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara...
- Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter [Crystal Pink] -- During the entire month of March I've been really into applying highlighters and shimmery blushes all over my lids. Yes, they are typically either pinks, corals, or even pearls -- but I have been really enjoying the fresh look it gives me.
- Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush -- To apply the highlighter to my lids, I've just been using any handy all over shadow brushes.
- Ulta Eye Shadow [Sable] -- To define the crease and blend out the edges of all over the lid color, I've been applying this Sable color with a fluffy crease brush and just buffing it into the crease.
- itBrushes for Ulta AirBrush Blending Crease Brush -- I could never find the perfect drugstore fluffy crease brush, so I was excited to locate this brush from itCosmetics that works wonderfully and is under $15!
- Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner -- Once I learned how to apply this gel eyeliner pen correctly, it has quickly become my favorite to line across my user lash line.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil [Black Velvet] -- After I have lined my upper lash line, I currently like to also line partly in my lower lash line with this eyeliner pencil.
- Benefit Eye Bright Pencil -- Once most of my eye makeup is on, I will put this on in my waterline to help brighten my eye and help me look more awake.
- Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils False Lash Effect Mascara [Black] -- I recently revived this mascara for testing from Influencer, so I've been putting it to good use as I don't want it to go wasted and become dried up too fast as it is like a $30 product. I like it for my everyday natural lashes look, but there doesn't seem to be anything really special about it.
After we've primed our face, applied our base, and done our eyes it is time for the finishing touches of lipstick, brows, and a finishing spray.
- itCosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil -- Honestly, I hop all over the place with different brow products and techniques and currently I've been using this product to fill in the sparse parts of my brows. I do like that the product twists up on one side, and features a spoolie on the other side.
- e.l.f. Brow Gel -- After I've filled in my brows, I go over them real quick with this clear brow gel.
- Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip Liner [063 EastEnd Snob] -- Wanna know a secret? I own two of these lipliners as it has quickly become my signature matte pink look.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray -- To keep my makeup looking fresh, I apply a couple of sprits of this facial spray all over my face and than dab with with my beauty blender.
Of course, I don't always use all of these products everyday. Some days I will only use some of them, it just depends on how much time I have, how much I want to do, and what I want the finished look to look like, or even how my skin is reacting that day.