When I asked on my Facebook page last week for some post ideas, one of the suggestions was my top picks of wardrobe essentials. Of course, everyone's list is going to be different, why even my picks would have been different just two years ago. But over the years I've been learning what I truly love to wear & what fits my style for right now: which is classic, preppy, a dash of European, and with a touch of vintage [1960s].
My top six wardrobe picks are the following:
- Classic Skirt. It can either be in an a-line style [which is what is pictured], or the ever classic pencil skirt -- both styles are favorites of mine.
- Tee shirts. They can either have classic graphic designs on them, have stripes [very classic & Parisian], or be in a solid colour. I used to not be a huge fan of the tee shirt, but now I have a whole drawer filled with them in various colours, patterns, and designs. They are perfect to pair with a skirt, or jeans. You can dress them down, or up -- depending on how you style them.
- Statement Necklaces. I know these aren't for everyone, but you should really try to find a style that works for you. They are so fun to wear, and can really dress up an outfit.
- Classic ballet flats. A great pair of ballet flats can really make an outfit, especially some classic leopard print flats as they can go with just about anything. I really fell in love with my pair when we were down in Florida.
- Cardigan. You really need a wardrobe full of cardigans in both some classic colours & some fun colorful ones. They are perfect to throw on when wearing a dress, skirt, jeans, or even shorts. They are great for all seasons, and just lovely. You can even find them now days plain, or with some sort of embellishment on them.
- Jeans. There are many styles to choose from now days: bootcut, trouser, boyfriend, or skinny. Personally, I adore all four styles for different occasions and seasons -- they all have their purpose and I don't think you should stick to one style. Find as many styles & fits that work for YOU and your body type.
What are your wardrobe essential picks?