In my announcement post regarding the Avonlea Fashion Weekend, I mentioned that one of the categories for the event was going to be: Modern Avonlea Fashion Link-up. For this category y'all can post pictures of you wearing an outfit inspired by the wonderful stories of either Anne of Green Gables, or Road to Avonlea. Or if you don't have time for an outfit post, you can use a Polyvore set that is inspired by either one.
Some things to keep in mind when wanting to recreate that Avonlea look, is to try and include some of the following in your outfit.
- Puff Sleeves
- Mint Green (Gilbert's favorite color on Anne)
- Heart Necklaces
- Pearl Ring
- Flowers in your Hair
- Locket Necklaces
- String of Pearls
- Boyfriend Cardigans
- Simple Drop Earrings
After receiving some questions about how the event will work, let me share with y'all what each category works, that way y'all can start planning out your posts. Ok?
- Modern Avonlea Fashion Link-up -- Share outfit posts, polyvore set inspired by either AOGG or RtA.
- Historical Avonlea Fashion Link-up -- Share your costumes that you have made inspired by either AOGG or RtA. You can also share your thoughts on the costumes & how you would recreate them if you like.
- Avonlea Workroom & Kitchen Link-up -- Share any craft, sewing, or cooking that you have done inspired by either the AOGG or RtA stories. Perhaps an apron that is AOGG inspired? Host an Avonlea themed tea party & share pictures on your blog.
- How Avonlea Has Effected Your Life Link-up -- Write a post about how Avonlea has effected your life. Or if you like, you can film a video explaining your love of Avonlea & how you got into the stories.