After browsing through Pintrest for a few hours, and looking through some of my 1940s fashion & sewing books, I've come up with a few cute ideas that I would love to try out either for this event, or sometime in the future. Without further ado, let me share with y'all the looks that are really inspiring me right now.
1. I really love the look of this 1940s skirt -- fitted in the waist with a nice swishy skirt for jitterbugging.
2. I've been admiring the look of the pinafore skirt for awhile now, so I wouldn't mind doing this look either.
3. This is one of those skirts that would fairly easy to recreate, as it just a simple waistband + a lightly gather skirt. I also love how modern this skirt look.
4. The girl on the right is the one inspiring me right now, as I'm really loving her skirt with the belt around the waist, and her peter-pan collared blouse. Also, her saddle shoes are pretty awesome too!
5. Really love this simple wrap blouse, plus I have a ton of fabric that would look fantastic made up into one of these wrap blouses.
6. Kinda loving this school girl type of jumper. Btw, doesn't her purse look very modern?
7. Another '40s look that I've been admiring for awhile are the pinafore style dresses & jumpers that teenagers would have worn back then. Simply adorable! (Very Ginger Rogers in The Major & the Minor.)
8. Love this simple '40s playsuit! Of course, the main I could really love this dress is because of the fabric, as it is adorable.
9. A sweet & simple sundress featuring fun heart pockets. Now, that would be fun to make! Of course, I don't really have any solid fabric on hand that would really work for this design.
I guess I should mention that I only plan on using what can be found in my stash for this project. You see, I've been collecting sewing supplies for awhile now, but I've also slowed down on my sewing projects lately. Meaning that all of this unused sewing supplies are taking up room that we really don't have to store it all -- you can see why I would like to not buy anything & would rather use up my stash.
Anyhow, out of all the ideas I shared with y'all, which one do YOU think I should do? Let me know in the comments below. Once I decided which one to go with, which might be Sunday afternoon, I'll let y'all know. Until then, let me know which one you like best.