Wednesday, February 27, 2013
My Favorite Beauty Products
I promised y'all last month that I would share my favorite beauty products with you girls, since a bunch of you shared your favorites with me (and several of your favorites are on my beauty shopping list to try out). So with out further ado, my beauty favorites.
- Favorite nail polish brand/color? Some of my favorite brands are: Essie, OPI, Julep, Sally Hansen Insta-dri, Rimmel London. Color wise I enjoy wearing pinks, corals, reds, purples, greys, and mint green.
- Favorite blush? First off, let me say I'm addicted to blush so I'm always open to trying new brands & colors! My favorite powder blushes are the e.l.f studio line blushes in Mellow Mauve & Tickled Pink, theBalm in Frat Boy, and NYX in Mocha. I've also tried out two cream blushes: Cargo in Key West & Youngblood in Pink Cashmere -- I love them both in the summer for a natural flushed look.
- Favorite lipgloss? Alright, I'm also addicted any & all lip products. I love e.l.f's supershine lipglosses that are only $1 in the summertime, on vacation, or when I'm at the beach. My other favorite glosses are: Bath & Body lipgloss in Strawberry Cosmo, Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil, Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Pink Whisper, C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine, and Mark Glow Baby Glow in Honey & Blow Kisses.
- Favorite lipstick? I recently started wearing lipstick (as in last fall, before that I was a gloss girl only) and I've come to really enjoy it. I haven't tried too many brands out yet -- Revlon & MaryKay only so far. My favorite's for Revlon are: Pink in the Afternoon, Love that Pink, and Certainly Red. My all time favorite is MaryKay's in Apple Berry. Sometime this year I want to try out MAC lipsticks -- like Ruby Woo. Ooh, I also love NYX's lipstick pencil in Hot Red (this is the only red lipstick I've worn in outfits posts on BF).
For lip butters (which are like a lipstick) I like the Revlon Lip Butters in Candy Apple & Raspberry Pie. I also really like the brand new Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction.
- Favorite lip balm? When my lips aren't too chapped (or under my lipstick) I like: Burts Bees in Mint, eos in Sweet Mint, and YOUDABALM in Coconut. In the cold winter months, or when I'm sick and my lips are really chapped I like C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve (which you can buy at Bath & Body Works).
- Favorite eyeliner? In pencil form I haven't found the perfect one yet, of course I haven't gone looking for one either. But, I enjoy Starlet Cosmetics eyeliner pencil in black for when I'm in hurry (though it does have fall-out as the day goes on). For liquid eyeliner I enjoy e.l.f's from their $1 line, I also like e.l.f's studio gel eyeliner too.
- Favorite eyeshadow? I adore Wet 'N Wild's eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells. I also like my Stila Merry and Bright palette. Someday I really want to try out Urban Decay's Naked palettes (1, 2, and the Basics).
- Favorite mascara? I'm not really picky about my mascara but some of my favorites are: Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes!, Benefit's Badgal Lash & They're Real.
- Favorite face mask? I've come to adore the Quea Bella face masks at Target! They make my skin feel so silky smooth for days afterwards (and some of them help with my dry flaky skin problem). The flavors I've tried so far are the cucumber peel & the chocolate mask (which smells so yummy!).
- Favorite face scrubs? I've tried out two so far (and I only use them like once every week, or so) and they are the Clean & Clear Deep Action exfoliating scrub, and the St. Ives Apricot scrub.
- Favorite body scrub? The lavender sea salt body scrub from Trader Joe's is amazing! All of the girls in our family use it. The scrub has really helped with my dry skin problem & helps make my skin feel all silky smooth. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, you should really pick up some of this scrub to try out.
- Favorite body wash? JASON Organic Body Wash in Lavender or Rose Water, and Bath & Body Works Shower Gel.
- Favorite Bath & Body Works scent? Hmm...I love the Twisted Peppermint, Pink Chiffon, Sweet Pea, Forever Red, and Pairs Amore.
- Favorite perfume? The only full size bottle I own is a body spray by Bath & Body Works in Pink Chiffon -- which I love. I do own several perfume samples, and I have some favorites that I would love to own in a full size bottle someday. My all-time favorite is Miss Dior by Dior (plus the packaging is adorable!), the runner-up would be Twirl by Kate Spade. Honorable mentions would be (in no order) Forever Red by Bath & Body Works, Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, and Viva La Fleur Juicy by Juicy Couture.
- Favorite makeup brushes? I've only used e.l.f ones and I like them.
- Favorite makeup brand? Hmm...Revlon, NYX, e.l.f, or Benefit.