Today I created an easy, elegant braid on Gabrielle. I'm going to tell y'all in words - no step-by-step pictures - on on how to recreate this look for yourself, or on someone else. : )
1. To add some texture and slight body to the hair. Start off by curling the hair in loose curls. (You can add a little bit of stylish gel to the hair before you curl it with the curling iron. Heat protection too, if you have any on hand.)
2. After you are done curling all the hair. Let it set for about 5-10 minutes (leave it alone).
3. Starting on the side of the head with the most hair, start twisting the hair into a roll towards the other side (you will need a few bobby pins). Once you have rolled to about the point you want to start the braid, flip the hair up and clamp with a hair claw, or something like it to keep the hair up and out of the way.
4. With the rest of the hair that is down, divide into two parts, as you would for a normal braid. With the piece closest to the front of the head, start twisting it, like in the picture (you won't need any pins). Keep twisting until you get closer to the rest of the hair in the back.
5. Once you are close to the back. Start braiding all three pieces (the two twists & the normal piece). Go about 1/2 way down then secure with a hair elastic (try to pick one close to your hair color).
6. If you want to do the hair wrap around the hair elastic, do the following. Take a smallish piece of hair from the middle. Wrap around the hair elastic a few times. Then poke it under the hair wrap and under one layer of the hair elastic. Doing your best to hid the ends. You want people to wonder, how on earth did she do that?!? ;-) And you are done!
I hope y'all enjoyed this little hair tutorial. If you need any help, just ask me! If you would like more of these let me know. Also, would you like more pictures next time?